- Physical as anything.com is written for teachers, schools, healthcare professionals, students and families. What makes this resource so valuable?It is endorsed by the NSW Department of Education and NSW Health. It provides detailed descriptions of more than 50 conditions affecting school-aged children and young people. Importantly, it also describes the educational implications of each condition. All contributors are acknowledged as experts in their fields.
- Sailability Australia‘s key objective is to encourage and facilitate sailing and boating throughout Australia for people with disabilities in social, recreational and competitive activities.
- Variety, the Children’s Charity is dedicated to empowering Australian children who are sick, disadvantaged or have special needs to live, laugh and learn.
- Find out about what is going on in the department across schools and our corporate areas.
- Positive Partnerships delivers the two components of the Helping Children with Autism package implemented by the deparment of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR).The aim of both components is to improve the educational outcomes for school aged children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
The two components are:
- Professional Development Component is for teachers and other school staff who are working with students with ASD; and
- Parent/Carer Component provides workshops and information sessions for parents/carers of school aged children with ASD.Both components are delivered nationally by the Australian Education and Training Consortium (AAETC).